Provides support as a member of the meat team to include duties related to counter service, stocking, and sanitation in the meat department. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.Job
– Ensures a fresh and appealing display by checking quality, keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked, rotating and removing out-of-date products, filling ice tables, and performing other duties as assigned.
– Maintains back stock in good order.
– Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
– Cleans cases, glass, signs, uprights, coolers, smokers, floors, and drains as required.
– Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
– Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
– Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
– Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and – Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
– Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
– Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
– Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
– Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
– Ability to sell proactively.
– Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
– Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
– Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various products.
– Assists with periodic inventory checks.
– Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
– Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
– Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
– Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
– Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
– Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
– No prior retail experience required.
– Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
– Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
– In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
– Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
– Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
– Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
– Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
– Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment.
– Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
– Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.