Massimo – Cooks
Massimo Ristorante brings the quintessential Italian trattoria to Dedham, MA. We are passionate about taking great care of our employees, our guests, and our community. We are obsessed with building a positive, empowering, and supportive culture. By working closely with local farmers and purveyors that we trust, we are able to offer a seasonal Italian menu inspired by the regional cuisines of Italy. We are excited to open Massimo’s second location at Legacy Place very soon!
The DeQuattro Restaurant Group is looking for line and prep cooks to join our team at Massimo restaurant.
Summary:To prepare and maintain assigned par levels of food items. To clean kitchen, work areas and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow recipes and procedures to prepare assigned sauces and food items according to prep lists and par guidelines
- Comply with all health code requirements.
- Use knives correctly to include use of a cut glove to chip, cut, dice, etc.
- Clean shelves, organize and remove trash.
- Ensure the work area stays clean throughout the work day.
- Operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations
- Contribute to a positive guest experience by doing everything to exceed their expectations.
- Store, receive, stock and rotate food throughout the work day per company standards as needed.
- Work closely and communicate with BOH and FOH team members, in a high-paced environment while doing a variety of time restraint tasks.
- Assist other cooks during high volume when needed.
- Other functions as assigned by management.
Education & Experience:
- No prior education required.
- Previous prep experience preferred.
- Knowledge of different kinds of knives preferred (i.e. French, serrated, etc.)
- Must be 16 years old to be hired, 18 years old to operate mandated equipment and meet any other state qualifications.
- Reports to the Executive Chef.
Please send your resume for immediate review and consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org