Who We Are:
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we’re in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
The Educator role is the foundation of our success as an organization. Educators are experts in creating world-class customer service, or guest experience, in our retail stores. They are responsible for engaging and connecting with our guests, sharing top-quality product education, and speaking authentically about our community and culture.
Key Responsibilities of the Job
Guest (i.e., Customer) Experience
- Interact with guests to ensure a great guest experience in a manner that values guests’ time.
- Assess guests’ needs to provide customized, effective purchase and return solutions and support.
- Provide technical product education by articulating the value and benefit of the product.
- Facilitate a seamless end-to-end guest experience by conducting accurate and timely guest transactions and executing market-relevant omnichannel programs (e.g., buy online/pickup in store, phone sales, and ship from store options) according to company standards.
- Move dynamically on the floor to continuously engage with guests and attend to guest or store needs.
- Receive guest feedback and partner with store leadership to take appropriate action and “make it right” for guests.
Working with Others
- Contribute to a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive and engaging experience for all team members and guests.
- Establish supportive and productive relationships with all team members.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure optimal guest experience and support store operations.
- Perform product presentation tasks (e.g., put items back in place, restock or add depleted items to the floor from inventory, destock or relocate items) according to company standards.
- Use in-store technology to support store operations and provide positive guest experiences.
- Perform cleaning tasks as needed throughout the shift to maintain the luxury environment of the store.
- Understand and adhere to people safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws or regulations.
Key Skills & Core Values You Bring
- Inclusion & Diversity: Creates/supports an inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner
- Guest Experience: Enjoys working and connecting with, understanding, and helping guests
- Personal Responsibility: Accepts responsibility/accountability for actions; is dependable
- Self-Awareness: Is aware of how words or actions may be perceived by or affect others
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Works productively with others to achieve goals; seeks diverse perspectives
- Enthusiasm: Is enthusiastic about one’s own work; looks for ways to make work fun and engaging
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the store is located
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have proof of the Right to Work and evidence relating to associated local legislative requirements (EMEA only)
- Must have the ability to travel to assigned store with own transportation methods
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Other Willingness Requirements
- Willing to work in an environment with bright lights and loud music
- Willing to move through a store for most of a shift to help guests and accomplish work
- Willing to move boxes weighing up to 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
- Willing to work as part of a team and also complete some work independently
Job Assets (i.e., nice to have; not required)
- Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
In keeping with our mission, please connect with us at email@example.com if you have questions about how your unique abilities may translate to the requirements for this role, with or without a reasonable accommodation. In your email, please include the position title, the location of the position and the nature of your question or request.
Compensation & Benefits Package
Our educator base pay ranges from $15.00- $20.25/hour with a target bonus of an additional $3 per hour, bringing our total target compensation range between $18.00- $23.25/ hour, depending on location and level of experience. Our pay-for-performance bonus philosophy supports our employees by recognizing exceptional individual and team performance.
At lululemon, our care and investment in our employees does not stop at compensation. Investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. With extended health and mental health plans, paid time off, savings plans, generous employee discounts, fitness & yoga classes, parenthood top up and more, our benefits support our values and recognize our teams for their performance and dedication. Additionally, our personal and professional development programs include people networks, parenthood support programs, mentorships, and leadership series programming to help employees grow their career.
Note: Availability of the benefits and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these benefits and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.