Mon, Oct 9
L.L. Bean – Outdoor Discovery Program Archery Instructor
Feb 9 | L.L. Bean
We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
L.L.Bean’s Outdoor Discovery Program is hiring. We have seasonal jobs available in our regional locations for kayak, SUP, fly casting and archery instructors. We have an in-depth training program for enthusiasts who would like to develop their skills and help others learn. Our culture is inclusive and welcoming. Join a great team, spend your summer in the outdoors teaching the sports you love. Our wage is competitive and our perks are numerous!
Position Purpose: Promote and retain new customers with our dynamic, creative classes and new activities. Inspire people to engage in new outdoor activities. Increase participation by providing exemplary service. Increase sales conversion rate of ODS customers especially in equipment, outer and active wear categories.
Pay range $16.00 – $21.37 per hour
- Demonstrates ability to create a safe and inclusive environment for all participants
- Understand and consistently perform all responsibilities associated with our safety protocols and program procedures
- Confirms all equipment used is in appropriate working condition
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions to the appropriate person
- Conducts self at all times according to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Represents the teaching profession at its highest level at all times
- Communicates and lives our company core values of Outdoor Heritage, Service, Respect, Integrity, Perseverance, Safe and Healthy Living
- Communicate professionally with all stake holders
- Participates in daily start up meetings
- Provide professional and timely feedback to peers and colleagues when the need arises
- Knows and maintains expertise of equipment and products (as relevant) utilized in the courses you teach
- Knows specifications (uses, materials, pros and cons) of relevant L.L.Bean equipment and apparel and effectively shares information with customers to encourage product sales
- Participates in promotional events when equipment expertise is needed
- Is knowledgeable about regional ODS programs, and promotional offerings
- Has a firm understanding of course content
- Possess the ability to teach in a relaxed, clear and confident manner to a variety of participants
- Effectively delivers all components of the curriculum in the allotted time
- Delivers all key points required for course openings and closings
- Perform daily administrative duties associated with instructing classes
- Accurate and daily completion of the Daily Activity Reports (DAR’s)
- Participant agreements
- Incident report
- Vehicle log
- ADA documentation
- Facilities Inspection log
- Other as assigned
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
This position has been identified as a safety-sensitive position. A safety-sensitive position is one in which an impaired worker constitutes a serious and direct threat to workplace health and safety. Employees in this position must agree that they will not come to work or be at work at any time under the influence of alcohol or any drug that could render them impaired.
Education Level: High School or GED
Skills and Qualifications:
- Certification or specialized training in outdoor related activities
- Proven experience planning, organizing and leading outdoor experience trips
- First Aid/CPR certification/training
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate participants
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude
- Established time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in active gear for appropriate activity
- Retail experience a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays