Thu, Feb 2
Carbon Health – Medical Assistant – Urgent Care
Jan 17 | Carbon Health – Now Open!
Are you a Medical Assistant looking to make a career change or start your career with a great organization? At Carbon Health, you’ll work alongside a fun and supportive team of healthcare professionals committed to delivering the best patient care experience possible. We combine smart technology with modern, welcoming clinics and have our own EHR to streamline communication to cut down on administrative tasks and wait times. If you are customer-focused, empathetic, and have a fun, positive attitude, we want to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
- Perform patient care such as taking vitals, patient history and triaging
- Assist with procedures such as incision and drainage, lacerations and wound care
- Administer medications via intradermal, intramuscular and subcutaneous routes
- Carry out ear lavages and run EKGs
- Conduct lab testing such as urinalysis, urine pregnancy test, blood glucose testing, monospot, rapid strep and influenza testing, rapid hiv testing
- Manage the front desk and perform administrative duties such as checking patients in and out, collecting payments, etc.
- Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current BLS certification
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Ability to work weekdays and weekends, as needed
- Phlebotomy experience preferred or willingness to learn
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Competitive, salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, company provided high quality scrubs
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
- FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
- Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development through Udemy Business
- All benefits dependent on role and eligibility