Tue, Dec 7
Altar’d State – Assistant Store Leader (Visual Merchandising)
Oct 27 | Altar’d State
Who Are We?
Altar’d State is a rapidly growing women’s fashion brand with more than 100 boutiques in over 30 states. We offer a place of respite and a distinctive shopping experience with the latest fashion finds, the most sought-after accessories, as well as charming home decor and gifts.
“Stand Out. For Good”. At Altar’d State, those four words are more than just than just our motto, they are why we exist. From Mission Mondays, where 10% of our net proceeds go directly to local charitable organizations, to our long-standing partnership with Coprodeli USA, in which we are in the process of building 22 schools for impoverished communities in Peru, we are committed to giving back in meaningful ways to those in need.
The Assistant Store Leader of Visual Merchandising leads and supports the Store Leader by directing activities required to achieve all store goals, including best of class guest service, sales objectives, operating expenses, loss prevention, and merchandising presentation, while driving both associate and guest engagement. You will provide guests with exceptional service, through relationship building, product knowledge sharing, and presenting a clean, well-maintained store environment. Visual Leaders drive excellence and provide leadership in all aspects of the store, with a special focus on elevating visual design, being a seeker of inspiration, and having a thirst for knowledge and the drive to consistently improve results.
- Fosters a guest-focused team environment through driving volume and anticipating guest needs
- Achieves excellent guest service by role-modeling company service standards
- Proactively provides timely feedback to associates, rewards and recognizes performance to drive retention
- Holds self and associates accountable for achievement of financial results and performance standards
- Manages conflict and coaches by applying company’s recommended processes, standards and guidelines
- Empowers and involves associates in decision-making processes
- Receives feedback and fosters dialog around solutions
- Develops associates through an individualized approach by matching talent with tasks, delegating, and challenging on results
- Fosters team commitment through support, relationship building, and recognizing individual contributions
- Leads by managing through change and adversity
- Makes recommendations on hiring, promotions, and terminations of team members based on performance
- Co-conducts and facilitates sales associate and keyholder training
- Consistently meets or exceeds store and individual goals and contributes to the store’s overall goals.
- Plans, executes, and maintains floor sets and refreshes
- Plans, executes, and maintains window installations
- Leads floor sets/refresh management
- Manages seasonal décor placement
- Co-manages product replenishment
- Manages mannequin placement and design
- Co-manages store atmosphere – scent, music, lay out
- Controls workflow through successful planning and delegation
- Executes task directives within designated time frames
- Completes opening/closing procedures
- Adheres to loss prevention practices and reports potential incidents to ensure shortage control in order to protect Company assets
- Communicates effectively with executive team
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy boxes (up to 30 lbs.)
- Utilizes and manages the use of weekly reporting to track, analyze and communicate business results and determine strategies to maximize sales
- Interprets Home Office visual communication through Store Leader / District Leader partnership
- Partners with the Visual District Leader to oversee and manage the roll-out of floor sets, window sets, fixture placement and overall visual environment
- Maintains an awareness of brand aesthetic and relevance to the store environment and communicates with team
- Manages placement of new product
- Communicates product performance observations and offers feedback to the Visual District Leader
- 1 year Retail Management
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred